Mirror Glaze Craze!
The hottest cake decorating trend currently is mirror glaze. Depending on the design it is used for, or rather the style of the cake designer this stunningly shiny mirror glaze can add a minimalistic, elegant, or extravagant touch to any cake. In addition to the classic chocolate or caramel variant mirror glaze comes in a variety of incredible colors, patterns and effects.
Watch the videos for recipe and inspiration!
INGREDIENTS AND HOW TO MAKE IT
- 70 gm condendsed milk
- 100 gm sugar
- 100gm syrup with glucose or syrup with sugar
- 100 gm white chocolate
- 50 gm water
- 2 small spoons of gelatine
PREPARATION OF MIRROR GLAZE
- First take gelatine with 60 gm of water and mix it.
- Take white chocolate and mix it in condensed milk and then put the gelatine mixed with water (the paste)
- Boil water and put sugar and the glucose syrup and boil it until it reaches temperature of 100 degrees and take few mins when it gets to 100 degrees like 103.
- Mix this into the previous mixture of white chocolate and all that i said before and use a blender to blend it.
- You can mix some color inside it if you want.
- Mix this until u get a consistent color and mix and then leave it in fridge for 12 hours.
- After leaving in fridge u need to put it in microwave for a little.
- Then keep it standing for few mins until its room temp and then pour on cake. You cake is now complete with mirror glaze
Image source: Olga Noskova Instagram