How to Make Sugar Pearls
I know they say that diamonds are a girls best friend but I am quite partial to a pearl myself. Something about that old world feel and a gentle nod to my British heritage of pearls and a twin set! Pearls are just a gorgeous addition to a cake and hugely popular in wedding cake designs. But if you don’t want to spend money on buying those tiny little annoying ones that drop everywhere or if you need some custom sizes you want to be able to make your own.
Best of all, they are super easy and take no time at all.
- The most important thing is that you want to ensure that your pearls are all a uniform size and the best way to do this is to roll your fondant out evenly and using a large piping tip, cut out some small circles.
- Then, just roll them into perfect balls
- Once they are dry, pop them into a dish and using a soft brush, roll them around in some lustre dust.
- Make sure they are well covered.
- And there you have your perfect pearls! Store them in a plastic container with some moisture absorbing product to ensure they stay nice and dry and ready to use, when you need them!
Original article : Learn Cake Decorating Online