How to Make Perfect Macarons
So we missed Macaron day this year but that doesn’t mean you should miss out on macarons!
Join Jessica Pedemont from Learn Cake Decorating Online as she makes the most delicious Macarons you ever did eat!
If you make some macarons, make sure you post your pictures on Facebook or Instagram with the tag #lcdo so we can share your creations!
- 300g almond meal (no skin)
300g pure icing sugar
- Sift together into a bowl.
- add 110g clarified egg whites
- Mix to a form a firm even looking paste and set aside.
In a pot place
- 300g white sugar
- 75g water
- Cook the water and sugar to 118C and pour over
- 110g of clarified egg whites that have been whipped till foamy to make an Italian meringue.
- Whip on medium to high speed to the temperature drops to 35C.
- Add the meringue to the almond/egg mixture a third at a time, folding with a spatula till evenly mixed.
- Add colour if desired, gel or water based is best.
- Pipe with a round nozzle onto a baking tray cover with a silpat mat.
- Bake 150c approximately 12-15 mins depends on size you pipe.
READY TO START YOUR CLASS?
Get this class with step-by-step instructions and pictures!
Original article : Learn Cake Decorating Online