How to Make Hamburger Macarons
To celebrate Hamburger Day on the 24th May we decided to create a sweet Hamburger and make Hamburger Macarons!
In this tutorial Jessica Pedemont teaches you how to make a perfect macaron and then how to turn it into the sweetest little burger you ever did see!
- 300g almond meal (no skin)
- 300g pure icing sugar
- Sift together in a bowl.
- Add 110g clarified egg whites.
- Mix to a form a firm even looking paste and set aside.
In a pot place
- 300g white sugar
- 75g water
- Cook the water and sugar to 118C and pour over 110g of clarified egg whites that have been whipped until foamy to make an Italian meringue.
- Whip on medium to high speed til the temperature drops to 35C.
- Add the meringue to the almond/egg mixture a third at a time, folding with a spatula until evenly mixed.
- Add colour if desired. Using gel or water based is the best option.
- Pipe your macarons with a round nozzle onto a baking tray cover with a silpat mat.
- Bake at 150C for approximately 12-15 minutes depending on the macaron size you pipe.
READY TO START YOUR CLASS?
Get this class with step-by-step instructions and pictures!
Original article : Learn Cake Decorating Online