How to Cover Cupcakes Perfectly
In this short video, Handi Mulyana teaches you how to cover a cupcake perfectly, providing you with a super smooth base to put your cupcake decorations on.
- Sugar or jam syrup
- Blue, green, pink, red, yellow, brown, beige, black and white fondant
- Squires Kitchen Cake Smoother – Small
- Rolling Pin
- 4” Crooked spatula
- Flower cutter large – we used a PME Sunflower cutter
- Circle Cutters
- Small blossom Cutter
- Sharp paring knife
- Using a paring knife, trim your cupcakes so they have a smooth surface and are free of muffin tops.
- Cover the top of your cupcakes with a thin layer of chocolate ganache. Make sure not to come all the way to the paper.
- Brush a little sugar or jam syrup on the top.
- Roll out your fondant about 2-3 mm thick and cut circles large enough to cover the cupcakes. Let the fondant follow the cupcake's dome-shaped top.
There you have it! Perfect fondant covered cupcakes!
Click on the links to check out how to make a cute lion, monkey or ladybug cupcake decorations for your perfect cupcakes!!
Original article : Learn Cake Decorating Online